Why You'll Love This JobOphthalmic practice seeking a full-time Billing Specialist for our Bakersfield office. What sets our practice apart from every other healthcare organization? Our culture starts with the owners who are physicians, working side-by-side with our staff and management, invested in improving patient care. Our eleven highly trained retina specialists are nationally recognized and serve patients in twelve locations. We are seeking knowledgeable healthcare professionals who are focused on displaying high quality customer service. We have a fun, casual work environment and offer competitive wages, great benefits including medical, vision, 401k, paid holidays, and sick and vacation time.
California Retina Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.
- Prepares and submits claims to various insurance companies.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff, and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Prepares, reviews, and sends patient statements.
- Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily deposit.
- Display a caring and responsive attitude and conduct all activities with respect for the patient.
- Responsible for completing the billing process and sending out all Accounts Receivable claims.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or prior charge coding and/or medical billing experience and/or certification
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding
- Knowledge of insurance submittal procedures and medical forms
- Experience with NextGen systems preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and learn new systems quickly
- Must have a high attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to handle a heavy workload with multiple priorities
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and possess a strong work ethic
- Spanish/English bilingual fluency preferred